Terms & Conditions
The International Liberty Horse Association (ILHA) is dedicated to promoting the discipline of Liberty training and celebrating Liberty horses, trainers, and competitors everywhere.
Terms & Conditions
- As a condition of your entry you acknowledge that participation is at your own risk and that you are aware the activities involving horses can be hazardous and that the servants, agents, representatives or volunteers accept no responsibility or liability for any injury or loss that you might sustain as a direct or indirect consequence of participating whether such injury is a consequence of any act or omission by the servants, agents, representatives or volunteers.
- You agree to participate at your own risk
- You agree to not show or ride if you are under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- You agree that the ILHA is not responsible for your actions or result of your actions.
- You agree that the ILHA is not responsible for injury or death to the competitor, camera person, or horse.
- These terms and conditions, together with the terms and conditions that are specific to any Competition are also known as the ‘Rules’. Words used in the Competition Terms shall have the same meaning when used here. In the event of any conflict between the Competition Terms and the Standard Terms, the Competition Terms shall prevail.
- The Rules apply to any competition (the ‘Competition’) that is promoted on the ILHA website and by entering the Competition; you agree to be bound by the Rules.
- The ILHA reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Competition and/or the Rules without notice for any event that is outside of ILHA’s reasonable control. Any changes to the Rules, or cancellation of the Competition, will be posted on the ILHA website. It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any changes to the Rules.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, the conduct or results of the Competition, or any other matter relating to a Competition, the decision of resolution is at the sole discretion of the ILHA and shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by ILHA.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your Entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect. ILHA reserves the right to verify any information contained in your Entry and/or your eligibility to enter the Competition.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, the Competition is open to persons of any age. The ILHA assumes that by entering into the Competition, the parents or guardians of any entrant that is aged under the age of 18 have consented to that person’s entry into the Competition and these Rules. Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity and if aged under 18, should be able to demonstrate to ILHA’s satisfaction that their parent/ guardian has given their consent to such on the entry.
- The ILHA reserve the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of the Rules, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Rules could lead to ILHA disqualifying that person, without ILHA giving any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
- In the event that a Prize-winner is disqualified from the Competition, ILHA will, unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, select an alternative Prize- winner in the same manner as the original Prize-winner and such selection will be subject to the Rules.
- Entries must be made by the specified Closing Date and in the manner set out in the Competition Terms. No Entries will be accepted after the competition’s stated closing date.
- Any material deemed unsuitable to be judged will not be judged or used as promotional material on the ILHA website or social media platforms.
- Copyright laws must be adhered to when submitting any video footage or photographs or printed material.
- The judge’s decision is final, there will not be protests or discussion concerning placing’s within a competition ran by ILHA.
- ILHA will not accept an entry without payment, any video’s submitted without payment will not be judged and will be ignored.
- Videos must be submitted within the specified timeframe. At the discretion of ILHA, we may extend the closing date for a test or make an exception where written application is requested. ILHA has the discretion to change dates without notifying competitors.
- ILHA competitions are open to all ages, competitors under 18 must have parental permissions before submitting entries. Parents/Guardians must sign the entry forms.
- ILHA will not be liable for any costs incurred as a result of copyright laws or infringement by any competitor or third party.
- Any video’s submitted which are unsuitable for judging will not be judged and no money will be refunded.
- Video links that do not work will not be judged and no money will be refunded.
- ILHA has the right to refuse an entry, if the ILHA feels the video is not in keeping with the rules of the competition.
- In-appropriate videos will result in an automatic cancellation of membership of the submitting member and no refund will be issued.
- ILHA will not be responsible for any competitors being dishonest or untruthful when submitting their video or entry form. It is expected all competitors will complete the required test within the required timeframe and not submit any test which has previously been judged.
- All material on the ILHA website is owned by the ILHA.
- ILHA will not be responsible for any rider or horse which injures them or their horse during the videoing or training of a pattern.
- Riders can compete in as many classes as they would like as long as all patterns are completed and submitted within the allotted time frame.
- Competitors can enter the same class more than once with different horses and be judged for both tests. No more than two entries for the same test by the same horse and or same competitor.
- By entering an ILHA competition all competitors/parents/guardians are deemed to have understood and accepted all rules governed by ILHA and must agree to abide by all of them.
- Horses must only be trained and compete on suitable and safe surfaces. All obstacles must be designed with the safety of the horse in mind. The arena size must be a minimum of 20m x 40m and the middle must be marked by cones.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into, the outcome of all classes will be deemed as accurate.
- Spurs maybe used at the competitor’s discretion. If it is deemed that there is incorrect use or harsh equipment is being used, the test will not be judged and the competitor will be notified that they have been disqualified. Refunds will not be given for disqualified submissions.
- Liberty sticks and/or whips maybe used at the competitor’s discretion. If it is deemed that there is incorrect use or harsh equipment is being used, the test will not be judged and the competitor will be notified that they have been disqualified. Refunds will not be given for disqualified submissions.
- Lameness – in the case of lameness during a test, the competitor will be notified the test cannot be judged. Refunds will not be given for submissions that are not judged because the horse was determined to be lame.
- Clickers may be used at the competitor’s discretion.
- Treats of any kind are not allowed in any ILHA competition.
- Disease /sickness – only horses showing no symptoms of disease or sickness or other significant ailments or pre-existing clinical conditions are allowed to compete.
- Training – throughout all training and preparation of a horse for ILHA competitions, the welfare of the horse must take precedence over the competition.
- Tack – any tack must be well fitted to avoid pain or injury to any horse.
- Doping & Medication – for ILHA on-line competitions it is reliant on the competitors to be truthful about their horse’s health and wellbeing, at no time should a horse compete who is medicated or doped.
- ILHA accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the Competition, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize.
- ILHA accepts no responsibility for entries lost, damaged or delayed either by technical or computer error.
- By competing you agree that the ILHA may use your Entry (whether or not it wins the Competition) for any promotional purpose (for example, placing it on the ILHA website, Facebook, YouTube, an internet based program or on any poster, leaflet or other advertising media). You confirm that your Entry is original that you own and have the right to license to ILHA the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Entry for the purposes referred to in these Rules. You will retain ownership of copyright in your Entry but you give ILHA (and any third party authorized by ILHA your irrevocable permission to use, reproduce, publish,
display, transmit, copy, amend, store, sell and sub-license your Entry worldwide for such promotional purposes and for the purposes of the Competition.
- ILHA may use any personal information that you provide with your Entry for the purposes of the Competition for marketing purposes including the distribution of regular email updates or newsletters. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used solely by the ILHA in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
- All Prize-winners unconditionally agree (as a condition of accepting any prize) to: (a) the use of their name; (b) one or more photographs of themselves; and (c) to participate in any reasonable post-Competition publicity.
- ILHA is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- This policy together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU – We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in entry forms. We may also ask you for information [when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by ILHA and when you report a problem with our site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although for all surveys participation is voluntary.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, Web blogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file, which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service.